Follow the 12 steps below to use your SuperSting™ with a Cone Penetration Test (CPT) measurement using the SuperSting Administrator App.
In Automatic Mode, you will see Item 4 (Change Inf XYZ). This allows control of the CPT electrode position at any time within an Automatic mode file. This means you can repeat the file with a new B electrode position and have the same measurements run with a different B location all in the same file.
The procedure is to generate a pole-dipole command file for a 2D surface array in SSAdmin:
- Load the command file on the machine with the latest firmware.
- Install the surface electrodes and position of the CPT somewhere on the line.
- Drive in the CPT based B electrode to the required depth.
- Connect the CPT B wire to the SuperSting™.
- Setup an automatic mode file as normal.
- Go to the new Item 4 within Automatic mode and enter in the XYZ of the B electrode (depth will be in negative meters).
- Use zero for Y on all lines. X and Z can be changed as many times as needed for the same file.
- Run the measurements by pressing the (MEA) button.
- Drive the CPT deeper or move it to a new location on the line.
- Do not make a new file. Simply edit the B electrode depth/position with Item 4 again.
- Run the measurement again (MEA). The measurements will automatically link into the same STG to be processed together in EarthImager™ 2D (direct load).
- When all B electrode positions are finished, download the data and invert in EarthImager™ 2D.