Follow the 6 steps below if you're SuperSting™ freezes when making a new data file.
- Back up any important data before proceeding
- Format Disk in Menu 5
- Delete All Command Files in Menu 5
- Reset the instrument to Factory Defaults by going into Menu 6, then press 4 on the keypad, then press 4 again. It will say Factory and Done
- Cycle the SuperSting™ power OFF/ON.
- Upload new known good command files or create a manual data file
More details here
How to Upload Command Files
Why Does the SuperSting Freeze or Lock Up