Follow the 5 steps below to complete a test for your StingR1 or MiniSting™ R1.
Use the test resistor (pictured below) to check proper functioning and field calibration of the StingR1 MiniSting™ R1 ABMN Posts.
- Connect the red and black leads coming out from one side of the test resistor to the corresponding colors on the current terminals labeled A(red) and B(black).
- Connect the red and black leads coming out from the other side of the test resistor to the corresponding colors on the potential terminals labeled M(red) and N(Black).
- Set the instrument in RESISTANCE mode. Do this by pressing Menu 1, then RESISTANCE.
- Use a current setting of 5 mA (Press Menu 6, then 1, then 5 mA).
- Press the MEA key to take a reading. At room temperature (72°F), the measured reading should correspond to the test resistor value +/- 1%. Variations of temperature at your field sites may increase the variance to +/- 5% from this room temperature value. Contact us at email@example.com in case the value deviates significantly from the expected values.