Follow the steps below to set up a passive 2D multielectrode survey.
Tip: For diagrams of standard connection layouts, please visit this page.
- Stretch out a long, non-conductive measuring tape on the survey area
- Use the tape measure to install stainless steel electrode stakes at the electrode spacing of your choosing
- Use a hammer to install the stakes into the ground. The stakes should be deep enough to feel secure when wiggled gently.
- Lay out your electrode cable in numerical order (each take out is numbered). Connect each takeout to a stake using the clip attached to the stake.
- Connect the cables to your SwitchBox. In the example above, we're using a SwitchBox 56.
- Cables numbered 1-28 are connected to the LOW Address
- Cables numbered 29-56 are connected to the HIGH Address (NOTE: For the High Address connection, you will need a male-to-male adapter cable)
- Connect the SuperSting to the Switchbox
- Connect a power source to the SuperSting. (NOTE: If using a 12-Volt Deep Cycle battery, make sure the battery is isolated.)