Follow the 9 steps below to setup, run, and process the data of a 2D Resistivity/IP/SP Survey.
1. Stretch out a long tape measure (100 meter) in a straight line.
2. Install the stainless steel electrode stakes at the electrode spacing of your choosing.
3. Lay out the Electrode Cable and connect each takeout to each electrode stake.
4. Connect the SuperSting™ instrument and Switch Box to the Electrode Cable.
- NOTE: Depending on your switch box, use the following: (Dual-mode electrode cable users can connect anywhere)
- 28 electrode SwitchBox: Connect to electrode 1 or 28.
- 56 electrode SwitchBox: Connect between 28 (low-address connector) and 29 (high-address connector to male-to-male adaptor to electrode cable).
- 84 electrode SwitchBox: Connect between 42 (low-address connector) and 43 (high-address connector to male-to-male adaptor to electrode cable).
- 112 electrode SwitchBox: Connect between 56 (low-address connector) and 57 (high-address connector to male-to-male adaptor to electrode cable).
5. Connect the power source to the SuperSting™. The power source can be either a generator with power supply (preferred) or a 12 Volt deep cycle battery (One battery for normal or two for boost).
6. Perform the Contact Resistance Test as a last check that the system is connected correctly.
7. Gather the data (typically 5 min).
8. Transfer the data to a PC running Windows (NOTE: SuperStings prior to 2013 (non Wifi)). For SuperSting™ Wifi users, access the data using the SuperSting™ Manager Android App.
9. Process data using the AGI EarthImager™ 2D software:
- Read in data
- Set the defaults for a surface survey
- Press the Start Button (takes less than a second usually)
10. View and print the finished result.